Placer Dispute Resolution Service (PDRS)
Community Mediation in Placer County
The Benefits of Mediation
- Mediation helps define and prioritize issues and concerns. It
clarifies points of view, creates options for resolving problems, and
helps clear up misunderstandings.
- Mediation helps produce agreements which are wise, durable, and
satisfactory to BOTH parties.
- Clients formulate their own mutually agreeable resolution with the
assistance of a neutral third party(s).
- The focus is on problem solving, mutual interest satisfaction and
how things can be better in the future.
- The mediation process is confidential and provides a safe
environment for productive communication.
- Mediation is informal, simple and flexible and less stressful than
the court process.
- Disputes are resolved more quickly than in court and the process
does not attempt to resolve by fact every point of contention.
- Mediation is less costly than litigation and allows the parties to
come up with creative resolutions which might not be considered in court
but satisfy the underlying interests of both parties.
- Mediation is voluntary and collaborative and can be effective even
when conflict is high and communication has broken down.